Life @ Emcure
At Emcure, we believe that the success and growth of the company are in the hands of our people. We have the top professionals in pharmaceutical industry working with us and the company is committed towards nurturing talent and providing equal opportunities for their development.
Throughout the year, we have various activities and training planned for employees at all levels. We have employee engagement activities like lunches with CEO and Presidents, sports championships, annual day celebrations, birthday celebrations, traditional day and Independence day celebration, navratri celebration, diwali fair, etc. We have adopted global best practices in the key areas of employee appraisals, employee engagement and employee recognition. We have also initiated a robust and structured process to identify and nurture key talent to build the company’s leadership pipeline.
Learning & Development
Emcure has a dedicated corporate learning and development team which organizes training to build professional capability and enhance employee’s technical and behavioral skills. The leadership development programs are designed in line with employee skills, grade and function. We believe employee skill development is a continuous process and need to be done at regular time intervals.
Emcure believes that our success is defined by our society. Therefore, Emcure’s yearly goals remain incomplete till it has done its bit to contribute towards the social sector. We have been increasing our efforts consistently to contribute in the most meaningful way while empowering people with education, suitable living conditions and better health.
- The 12 X 12 initiative of Emcure Pharmaceuticals ensures that every girl of age 12 years has a hemoglobin level of 12 gms, which is considered to be the optimum level for females of that age group. Since the inception of this initiative in 2007, it has covered more than 70,000 females across India.
- Anaemia Detection camps are organized every year to reach out and create awareness among as many people as possible. In past one year, around five thousand camps across the country screened close to sixty thousand patients for Anaemia.
- Village adoption program is a unique initiative, under which a village is adopted and free hemoglobin tests and health check-ups are conducted for the villagers and free samples of the medicine are distributed to anaemic patients.
- TAAL: Emcure’s Treatment Adherence Advocacy and Literacy program, was started in association with ‘The positive network’ in Maharashtra to provide care and support to PLHIVs.
- Emcure has undertaken diabetes detection initiative in collaboration with National Diabetes, Obesity and Cholesterol Disease Foundation, India (N-DOC) country-wide with an aim to create awareness on diabetes and obesity among school children, their parents, teachers and general public.
Emcure has collaborated with ‘Teach for India’ initiative through various sponsorships and volunteering activities like conducting academic sessions, soft skill training and technical and vocational trainings at schools.
Emcure works closely with various NGOs like Navkshitij, Gurukul orphanage, etc. to promote talents of underprivileged children.
Emcure supports environment related initiatives of eCoexist and Swach, non-profit organizations in Pune. Around 65 volunteers from Emcure assisted in collection drives organised at Pimpri, Sanghvi and Aundh ghats after the Ganpati festival.
Emcure Pharmaceutical celebrated ‘Joy of Giving’ week that attracted a huge participation from the employees. As a part of this initiative, Emcure organised a blood donation camp with participation from 180 employees. Emcure also organised cloth collection drive, the proceeds from which were donated to Jagruti Seva Sansthan, a non-profit organization.
At Emcure, under the banner of 'PRERNA' which means 'inspiration' in Hindi, a large number of HR initiatives are specially designed and conducted for its women employees.
Currently this initiative has 4 programs :
- Prerna Speaker Series
- Prerna Networking Lunches
- Prerna Training Programs
- Prerna Library