As a leading healthcare company, Emcure Pharmaceuticals has been committed to not only make essential medications available, but also help the society in every step of the way without compromising the safety of our employees. Our focus has been to ensure smooth operation of supply chain, manufacturing and distribution channels, to deliver life-saving medicines in a reduced turnaround time.
We rested our business response on this 4-fold strategy:
● Pro-active and preventative measures to curb spread
● Ensure adaptability & flexibility based on supply chain disruption
● Ensure ramp-up of productions of essential medicines
● Ensure timely distribution of medicine These solution- driven action points have yielded many successful results in our journey of serving people: ● Emcure’s biotech subsidiary, Gennova Biopharmaceuticals in collaboration with HDT Biotech Corporation has worked together to develop India’s first mRNA vaccine against COVID-19. Vaccine HGC019, is currently in phase 1/2 trials in India
● Our product portfolio which consists of numerous vitamins and anti-infectives are crucial to fight the virus and help develop immunity. Hence, our subsidiary, Zuventus has been helping in patientcare by ramping up production of varied product offerings including Vitamins, , Ivermectin, Anti-infectives and LMW-Heparin
● We continue to introduce more products that assist in prevention and treatment against the COVID- 19 virus. Guided by that commitment, we recently in-licensed Molnupiravir from Merck which is an experimental drug that is under clinical trial for treatment of COVID-19
● We also launched Amphotericin B which is being used for treatment of Mucormycosis (Black Fungus), a post-COVID complication
● We are also working on launching need-of-the-hour drug, Aviptadil for acute respiratory distress syndrome
As one of the global healthcare company, Emcure Pharmaceuticals was focused on ensuring smooth and efficient functioning of all operations, amidst confirming to the lockdown directives by the government and challenges posed by the reduced workforce.
● Teams with non-manufacturing and non-R&D roles were encouraged to work-from-home. A smooth transition process was enabled by making all necessary equipment and software available to the employees at their home to ensure uninterrupted services
● For the taskforce deployed in roles related to manufacturing and research & development which were led on-ground, strict SOPs were implemented to safeguard them and their families from the virus.
● Advice and support not just related to COVID awareness but also mental well- being & financial management concerns, has been provided to all employees during these unprecedented times.
● Treatment support was provided to COVID-19 Patients. Further support has also been provided by increasing the insurance cover of our employees and their families.
While the world battles this pandemic and follows social distancing, the Emcure family is united to fight this together.
Staying true to our purpose of being ‘dedicated to making Effective Medicine to Cure patients and enabling healthier living’, Emcure Pharmaceuticals has always ensured all its actions positively impact the society. Through the spread of the COVID- 19 pandemic, we have taken mindful steps to further strengthen this commitment.
● Increased education and awareness around COVID- 19 was extended to the larger public through informed trainings and expert sessions
● We worked to serve the migrant community during the difficult times of lockdown by providing them meals and transportation
● In an attempt to support our zealous and courageous frontline workers, Emcure has contributed essentials such as PPE kits, face masks and sanitizers to the doctors, healthcare workers, COVID- care centres and law enforcement officers
● While continuing our endeavour of delivering innovative pharmaceutical products, we have also contributed over 2.8 Million Hydroxychloroquine Tablets
We truly believe in the power of one and are motivated by the vision of we’re stronger together.